Monday, 24 August 2015

Blogger Recognition Award



Thank you so much Aisha at Ink Well of Words for nominating me for this award. 

Rules 
  • Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
  • Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you've nominated in the post. Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
  • Comment on each blog and let them know you've nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
My Story

My Story isn't this, ‘I have loved books since I was a young girl’. My story is more like, ‘when I finished university and found myself with a lot of free time I began to read books.’ 

Yea, I know not so interesting and here goes some more boring information going against books (which I am sorry about). I remember when I was younger, my Dad always tried to make me read, but at that age I was just not interested. I remember going to the library all the time and picking books out, but when I got home and tried to read them they just bored me. Don’t get me wrong, throughout the years I have read the odd book and I have enjoyed them all. Then all off a sudden I just gained this massive desire to read once I got my degree and I have no idea where it came from but, I am glad it did.

The book, well book series that got me started on my book journey was Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead. Then of course I followed it on with the Bloodlines Series. Wow, I have so many great words for these series’ they are utterly fantastic.

I think it was after the third series' of me constantly talking about books, my fiancé, friends and family had enough of me talking about things that didn't interest so I decided to make a blog and write down all my feelings and opinions. I enjoy it so much, it’s something for me and I have learned not to follow everyone just because they are doing it. I am reading and blogging at my own pace rather than feeling the pressure that I have to blog about 50 times a week (I know going over broad there with 50 but you get the idea). And now, here I am currently telling you my long, uninteresting story of how I started reading and blogging. Hope use enjoyed.

My Advice

My pieces of advice are:
  • Be yourself, don’t get caught up feeling that you have to blog so many times a week or feel that just because someone else is doing something on their blog that you have to. Blog at your own pace because if you don’t, you will find yourself getting stressed out and eventually, hating it, which would be such a shame.
  • Also don’t get caught up on trying to get followers and freaking out about how many people haven’t joined your site compared to someone else’s. Sit back, relax and just blog and you will find people will eventually find you. 
People I Nominate 

  1. Lauren      ..... @ My Expanding Bookshelf
  2. Priyanka   ..... @ A Booklions Hideaway
  3. Karina      ..... @ A Reader Under The Sea
  4. Carrie       ..... @ A Book Goddess
  5. Lizze        ..... @ Big Books and Grande Lattes
  6. Stephanie ..... @ Steph In Wonderland
  7. Talina       ..... @ Sassy and Dangerous
  8. Carolyn     ..... @ Geek Girl On The Page
  9. Sarah         ..... @ The Reading Petal
  10. Maria        ..... @ Teen Ya Book Nerd
  11. Skye         ..... @ A Geek With Books
  12. Ashley      ..... @ Books To The Tea
  13. Erika        ..... @ Books, Stars, Writings. And Everything In Between
  14. Andrea     ..... @ Mountain Rhinestones
  15. Alison      ..... @ Alison Can Read
Selina xo