Tuesday, 14 July 2015

The Fiery Heart


Title: The Fiery Heart 
Author: Richelle Mead 
Series: Bloodlines #4
GenresYoung Adult 
               Urban Fantasy 
               Paranormal Romance 
Pages: 448 Pages
PublisherPenguin
Published Date: 19 November 2013 
Edition: Paperbook / Ebook
SourceBuy the Book...
              Buy for Kobo...
              Add on Goodreads...
              Buy for Kindle...
__________________________________

WHEN PULSES QUICKEN NO SECRET IS SAFE. 

Sydney always believed that Alchemists were born to protect vampire secrets and human lives - until she met Marcus and turned her back on everything she once knew.  

But she's not free yet. When her sister Zoe arrives, Sydney can only tell her half-truths about her past. And with every word she risks exposure - and the fatal consequences.  

Consumed by passion and vengeance, Sydney must choose her path once and for all. Even if that means harnessing her magical powers to destroy the way of life she was raised to defend...

______________________________________________

Review

Well I had a feeling Sydney was flying to close to the sun and was going to get burnt and boy did she!! We can well and truly say that Sydney’s life has changed and I am really scared to find out what is going to happen her in Silver Shadows.

The Fiery Heart is the fourth instalment in the Bloodlines series and may I say it has to be my favourite book so far. Sydney really has changed her ways. She has now turned her back on the Alchemist after finding out what they have been keeping from her. All her life she has been lead to believe she can trust them, that they had her and all off man kinds best interests at heart. But have they really?

Sydney’s Sister Zoe is now a major part of the story and becomes an even bigger role in how Sydney’s life will plan out. Richelle Mead has really written her character well and makes you actually hate her. I cannot stand her and I wonder sometimes, even though they are sister’s, how Sydney can really accept her behaviour and awful attitude.  She is an awful, awful person and I just want rid of her, she is getting the way between Adrian and Sydney. I don’t know who I hate more, Father Sage or Sister Zoe Sage. Anyways, I will move on from Zoe because I think use have got the picture that I do not like her.

I love, love, love the fact that we hear from Adrian. I was excited to get stuck into this book to finally hear from Mr Adrian Ivashkov. We have known Adrian from Forstbite, the second book in the Vampire Academy series, but up until now I don’t think we fully understood him. Having his POV allowed us to understand him better, the real effects of what spirit does to a person and the love he has for Sydney. Being able to get the POV from both Adrian and Sydney allows us to dwell deeper into their relationship, which is so romantic.

The relationship between Adrian and Sydney is just getting more and more beautiful and cute. It has captivated me, I feel myself being more involved and feeling the love they have for one another compared to Dimitri and Rose. Don’t get me wrong I loved their relationship, I couldn’t get enough of it. But I feel they spent a lot of their time fighting their love for one another rather than embracing it, like Adrian and Sydney does. Richelle Mead had more time and experience after writing the Vampire Academy series to develop this love between Adrian and Sydney though.

The ending, OH MY GOD!! I think I was actually sitting with my mouth open in so much shock. I actually cannot believe how it ended, talk about a massive terrible bombshell. I am excited, nervous and scared all rolled into one to start reading Silver Shadows. But we are finally going to get an insight into the Alchemist.

People if you haven’t started to read this series yet, “WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING??” It is such a compelling series; I just cannot get enough off it. It just seems to be one massive bombshell after another. It’s edgy and makes you keep your eyes clued to it, you just keep wanting more and more off it. I am seriously addicted. Thank you Richelle Mead for such a fantastic, compelling series.