Wednesday, 29 July 2015

Silver Shadows

Title: Silver Shadows 
Author: Richelle Mead
Series: Bloodlines #5
GenresYoung Adult 
               Urban Fantasy 
               Paranormal Romance
Pages: 400 Pages
Publisher: Penguin 
Published Date: 29 July 2014
Edition: Paperbook / Ebook
SourceBuy the Book...
              Buy for Kobo...
              Add on Goodreads...
              Buy for Kindle...
__________________________________

TWO LOVERS, TORN APART...

Their world has been destroyed. Now Sydney and Adrian are struggling to pick up the pieces and find their way back to each other. But, first, they must survive. 

Sydney is trapped and surrounded by enemies. Every day is a struggle to hold on to her identity and the memories of those she loves. Meanwhile, Adrian is told to forget Sydney, but he won't give up hope - though old demons and temptations are beginning to taunt him.  

Their worst fears have become a chilling reality. Sydney and Adrian are facing their darkest hour yet...  
______________________________________________
Review 

This book brought me through a mixture of emotions. It made me shout, because you know they were going to listen to me, it made me angry, cry A LOT and smile from ear to ear with pure happiness.

Silver Shadows was hard to read NOT because it was a terrible book, quite the opposite actually. It was fantastic but reading about the pain people were being put through, the sorrow and the fear they had for their lives, was very difficult to read. I felt myself screaming at the book.  Sydney is such a beautiful person in mind and spirit and for people to do what they done to her, is just awful.

Adrian acted completely different compared to what I thought he was going to. For half of this book he just annoyed me, he gave up trying to find Sydney and allowed himself to get dragged further and further into spirits dark side. He had made such good progress and then just threw it all away because he wasn’t getting anywhere. If only he knew the pain and terror Sydney was being put through, he would have fought with everything he had and he never would of gave up to begin with.

Sheridan is a nasty piece of works. She is like all the villains I have known rolled into one. I just don’t understand how someone can hurt, torture and violate another human being like she does.

Richelle Mead has done an outstanding job with Sheridan’s character. Sheridan got under my skin, I seriously hate her. I don’t think any punishment would be enough for her. Sheridan is an evil heartless human who deserves nothing but the worse.

She is a border line physio path, if not already one. The question I had in my head throughout Silver Shadows is; how can people actually work in a place where they do this sort of torture to people? Even if they think it is for the greater good, there are limits. I know they think they are getting rid of the evil in them but come on the things they are doing is just sick in the head. It creep’s me out.

I just wanted to shout at Sydney throughout the first half of the book and tell her to just play the game so you can get out!!!! I hated her being in re-education but I admire her courage. She is one of the best characters I have read about and she will be hard to beat. Anyone in her situation would off given up, even I would. But she kept kicking and fitting and that’s what makes Sydney’s so special.

Sydney doing everything possible in her power to get herself in trouble was really annoying me. I just wanted her to stop so she doesn’t get punished anymore. But I know Sydney is doing this for a good reason to save everyone else, so in a way I want her to keep doing it. I just keep having mixed emotions all the time.

The events that happened between Adrian and Sydney had me on the edge of my seat. I found myself reading so fast and holding my breath. Richelle Mead was just teasing us, allowing us to think Adrian and Sydney would be allowed to be together but then, BAM, she would through in yet another twist. I nearly had numerous heart attacks.   

Throughout the first half of this book I kept having mixed emotions of whether to read on or not. It was hard to read with all the pain everyone was going through from Sydney and whole way down the line to Adrian, all alone in his drunken miserable state, wondering through life not known what to do.

But the last quarter of Silver Shadows OH MY DAYSSS!!!! It was back to the action I love. The first half of the ending had me smiling, like big grin smiling from ear to ear.  It was beautiful, I couldn’t be happier. Richelle Mead done Adrian and Sydney proud with the actions he took and the words they spoke. I think maybe a little tear fell from my eye. Silver Shadows has given me my favourite quote in a book of all time and it will be extremely hard to beat.

I don’t want to say it because it will give a huge spoiler away but I just can’t keep it to myself; (if use don’t want to read skip past)

“Until now, you have always lived your life alone. Every decision you’ve made has been for you and you alone. Now, and for the rest of your days, your life will be tied to another’s. Every decision you make will be for both of you. What one does affects the other. You are a family, a team … inseparable and unbreakable.”

This book from beginning to end of action packed. It was like a never ending roller coaster of emotions and sinking stomach moments when you drop all of a sudden.

When I found out the BIG cliff hanger at the end of the Silver Shadows, I was completely shocked I knew there would be some consequences of the actions taken but I never though this!! But I will admit I have a feeling of who it could be. I can’t wait to read The Ruby Circle to see if I am correct.