Wednesday, 8 July 2015

Fifty Shades of Grey


Title: Fifty Shades of Grey 
Author: E L James
Series: Fifty Shades #1
Genres: Erotic Romance 
Pages: 528 Pages
Publisher: Arrow
Published Date: 12 April 2012
Edition: Paperback / Ebook
Source:  Buy the Book...
               Buy for Kobo...
               Add to Goodreads...
               Buy for Kindle..

__________________________________
Romantic and totally addictive, this is a novel that will obsess you, possess you, and stay with you forever.

When literature student Anastasia Steele interviews successful entrepreneur Christian Grey, she finds him very attractive and deeply intimidating. Convinced that their meeting went badly, she tries to put him out of her mind - until he turns up at the store where she works part-time, and invites her out.

Unworldly and innocent, Ana is shocked to find she wants this man. And, when he warns her to keep her distance, it only makes her want him more.

But Grey is tormented by inner demons, and consumed by the need to control. As they embark on a passionate love affair, Ana discovers more about her own desires, as well as the dark secrets Grey keeps hidden way from public view...
 
______________________________________________

Review 

I don’t think there is much more I can say about this book which hasn't already been said. So I will keep this short, sweet and to the point.

I decided to give Fifty Shades of Grey another read after watching the film and being reminded how brilliant it was. Can I just say, before I get into the Nitty Gritty, that Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson were how I pictured Christian Grey and Anastasia Steel, they played them perfectly. I was very impressed with the film, I thought it was brilliant. The only real issue I had with the film was, they jumped to quickly from Christian giving Ana his card in Claytons to then the photo shoot. I think they needed to play the part in between when she phones him, I thought it would off ran move smoothly. I am really sad to have to wait until 2017 for the next instalment of Christian and Ana but I know its going to bigger, better and worth the long wait.

Nearly every review I have read have been all negative and against Fifty Shades of Grey. I am beginning to wonder if I am the only person who loves it..
  
I found myself mesmerised and smiling quite a lot to myself because of the relationship between Christian and Ana. I haven't had much of a life since I started reading Fifty Shades because I just could not put it down. Every chance I got I was picking up my Kobo and reading about Christian and Ana even if it was just a sneaky five minutes at work. 

Once you look beyond the BDSM, you can see how cute their relationship is.  Ana is changing Christian by the second and he doesn't understand or like it. But he just can’t stay away from Ana and you can see that they love each. The chemistry between them is, HOT. You can just see the electric sparks flying between them and the explicated scenes had me blushing and looking around frankly to see if anyone knew what I was reading.

I would recommend this book but you have to have an open mind about sex. I couldn’t set the book down it had me hypnotised from the very beginning and if memory serves me right it just keeps getting better and better. I can’t wait to re-read fifty Shades Darker and Freed.


Selina x