Sunday, 21 June 2015

The Indigo Spell

Title: The Indigo Spell 
Author: Richelle Mead 
Series: Bloodlines #3
GenresYoung Adult 
             Urban Fantasy 
             Paranormal Romance
Pages: 432 Pages
Publisher: Penguin
Published Date: 12 February 2013
Edition: Paperbook / Ebook
Source: Buy the Book...
                Buy for Kobo...
             Add on Goodreads...
             Buy for Kindle...
            
__________________________________

AN ANCIENT MAGIC. A HEART-WRENCHING DECISION... 

Sydney Sage is an alchemist. She protects vampire secrets - and human lives. 

In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she is struggling to decide between following her alchemist teachings - or her heart.  

Then she meets alluring, rebellious Marcus Flinch, a former Alchemist who is now on the run. As Marcus pushes her to rebel. Sydney finds that breaking free is harder than she thought.  


There is an odd and mysterious magic rooted deeply within her. And as Sydney searches for the person attacking powerful young witches, she realises that she must embrace her magical blood - or else she will be next. 
______________________________________________


Review 

The Indigo Spell, the third book in the Bloodlines Series and oh my, it did not disappoint. Things are starting to heat up and I have a feeling someone is going to get burnt. So much has already happened up to this point and I have a feeling, times are going to get very hard before they get better. 

It has been a massive turning point for many reasons but for Miss Sydney Sage in particular. What I love about this book is we finally get to see some bad ass witch skills. I have been waiting for this part to finally get its moment in the spotlight.  Sydney’s journey throughout bloodlines and The Golden Lily have been leading up to this point. She has been learning small pieces of information which have eventually accumulated into rocking Sydney’s world forever.

I absolutely loved what we see of Adrian’s personality in this book. He has finally had his time to shine and oh my how he has shined and for one person in particular. I have always been on Team Dimitri but after the events that have occurred; I am converted am now on Team Adrian. Up until The Golden Lily I didn't really like Adrian but he has just worked so hard and changed in many ways, I just have falling for his character.     

We were introduced to a new character, a little one, very unique, who created a family and just made it complete. Oh and I am not talking about Marcus Flinch, who yes we do get introduced to but we don’t see much of him. I must admit I was kind of wary about meeting him, but all of that is in the past now. He is quite charming, well maybe not in Adrian eyes, and we learn some information about why he is an ex-Alchemist and how. People don’t just walk away from being an Alchemist; you are in it for life. So how is Marcus Flinch one? I have a feeling this is only the beginning of Marcus Flinch’s role in Bloodlines.

I think you could make a book, where Angeline is the main person, she is just brilliant. Miss Angeline Dawes is a funny character, exactly the same as when we first met her in Vampire Academy (Last Sacrifice).  It has taken her a long time to adapt to this new world she has been placed into. Well ok I am not too sure she has fully adapted, she still has a lot to learn, but day by day she is learning slowly how to fit in.  She might have even found her prince charming, or whatever the keepers call it, but who may that be?   

The ending in the words of Sydney 'I never saw it coming' well, she couldn't of spoke truer words cause believe you me I never saw it coming either.  I am in a little bit of shock but not surprised that Richelle Mead dropped a bombshell, she is just brilliant at them.  But I don't know if Sydney has gone crazy or if she is a genius for her decision.  I feel that she is trending on thin ice and it's going to break suddenly. I am scared as to what lays ahead for Sydney and my guess is, she is leaving a trail of bread crumbs.

Overall, The Indigo Spell was another great book from the Fantastic Richelle Mead, she is a brilliant author. She knows when and where to drop a massive bombshell to twist everything up. It was like eating a chocolate pudding and you finally get to the centre and all the chocolate lava pours out, just pure heaven bliss. I would highly, highly recommend this series to anyone who loves paranormal romance books. It was like all the vampire books I have read rolled into one, it was beyond brilliant. 

Selina x